Capitalism and poverty breed crime and repression.
Working class people are the primary victims both of street crime and
of police reaction to it. There is something fundamentally wrong with a
society in which prisons are the fastest-growing industry.
* Democratically-controlled police review boards with powers of subpoena and discipline;
* An end to state-sponsored spying on and violence against individuals and organizations;
* Abolition of the death penalty; a complete repeal of the “Three Strikes” law;
* An end to trials and imprisonment of juveniles as adults;
* Treatment of prisoners as Human Beings; rehabilitation, not vengeance;
* Paid prison labor at UNION-scale, with no deductions for “room and board”;
Decriminalization of victimless activities including drug use and consensual sex; legalization of marijuana; an end to the phony “War on Drugs”;
* No unwarranted searches and seizures of people and their property;
* Prosecution of crimes by the wealthy and powerful against workers and the environment;
* Freedom for ALL political prisoners and those imprisoned for the Crimes of Poverty.
Democrat and Republican Parties see violence as the only solution to
any problem –
the violence of executions and incarceration, police
violence on our streets and in our communities. Our solution is to
transform our society into one which provides for human needs. Join the
party on the California ballot which consistently represents people like
Because of the new “top-two” election system, our
ballot status is threatened. We need to double our party registration
by the end of 2014.
Register now in the Peace and Freedom Party!
Peace and Freedom Party
attn: Solano County PFP, PO Box 24761 Oakland, CA 94623
can register to vote if you are a U.S. citizen, live in California, are
not in prison or on parole for a felony, and will be at least 18 years
old on the day of the next election where you live.
[this message adapted from PFP of Alameda]